Singer 411G treadle.

One of the rarer options for Slants is this 411G in original treadle format.
I see people online converting the electric versions to treadle. Quite a job actually, but often successful.

Easy to understand why, if you prefer to treadle. Multiple stitch patterns, twin needle capable, even chain-stitch. On a treadle? Yes, on this machine!

How nice to have the original specced item from the start?
Shown here on arrival. The normal 'wonky' spool pins, but otherwise in good order. The belt cover uses that normally empty screw-hole that puzzles some people: )

Under the top cover you see no motor, no 'Textolite' cog, just the belt guide.

Quite likely to be the rarest original option for Slants?

This machine was bought new for an elderly relative who was used to a lifetime with treadled machines. She didn't want or need a motor. But in 1964 very few people wanted treadles. Hence its rarity nowadays. But good for Singer to even offer that option on their top machines then? I think so.

It came in beautiful Singer Italian made cabinet, so shiny it is awkward to photograph!

 The only snag for me is that I can't get my long legs under the table to treadle comfortably!!

So it is currently in an older, fridge style cabinet that I butchered to give me sufficient legroom: )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singer 431G Slant-O-Matic throat plate pin problem

Singer 12K 1879 spares machine

My first Bernina & a bit of a mad one: ) Minimatic 807. From 1974.