Jones have relatives? Like 99Ks??

Got a couple of small machines to deal with recently.
The Virus compels me to stay home, so thanks Ricky: )

A beautiful 1938 Singer 99K at the rear.

Front is a Jones CS machine from post war? In fine order here.
Similar in size to the Singer, but still having a Cylindrical Shuttle. (CS) 

SN 308755.

Very interesting to compare. Had many 99Ks & they can be fine machines.
The little Jones is new to me, but looks to be a cute little machine.

Both stitching as they should & looking almost unused.

I now know that the Jones is a 1920 model, refinished (by a dealer probably) after the 39/45 war when there was a severe shortage of new machines. It was provided with post war decals & a new case, which explains my puzzlement when it first arrived. It looked too modern to my eye! Not a mark on it!

Both machines were donated to TFSR. They send suitable machines out Tanzania, etc. where a single machine can provide an income for a family.  I think that is very cool. These machines get peanuts here on Ebay & Ebay takes 13%+ in the process...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singer 431G Slant-O-Matic throat plate pin problem

Singer 12K 1879 spares machine

My first Bernina & a bit of a mad one: ) Minimatic 807. From 1974.