Buttonholers/Zigzagers for your 99K, 66K, 201K, etc.

If you have a vintage straight stitch machine these attachments greatly extend the range of your machine & are fascinating in their own right. IMO.

I've been sorting through my little stash of Attachments & Manuals & thought they might be of interest?



The Singer Buttonholer (Simanco 86718) is familiar to most I guess, but is high quality & the red plastic boxes are way better than the cardboard varieties: ) The Janome Alphabet Stitch is a little extravagant, modernish, & quite impressive.

For me the Y. S. Star Automatic Zigzager is the real Star here! Closely followed by the Ruby Buttonholer. The pair of Singer Blind Stitch Attachments (Simanco 86649) are classy items too. (Not sure how the Singer flat cams edged in here: )

1    Y. S. Star Automatic Zigzager. It's a neat little Zigzager, but also does 5 other stitch patterns with the included steel cams.

Comes in a neat little box with Instruction Leaflet & cams in their own little folder. It's quite heavy & well engineered. I'm guessing 1960s & probably Japanese. (Haven't researched it yet: )


One cam is in the machine. I found this in a Charity Shop when I had several 99Ks & a couple 66Ks, all gone now (Elnas replaced them: ) but it gets occasional use on my 12K.


2    Ruby Button Hole Stitcher. "An Epochmaking Invention"!


Love this one. Looks 1960s & Japanese again. Says at the top of the leaflet: 'More rombenient, more economical', in Gothic Script! But it is well engineered & literally as new. In what looks like original packaging, including a spare spring! Not sure what happened to the scruffy box, but the machine itself is perfect.


The Instruction Leaflet is OK but has its humorous moments...

I particularly love the 111 Note on Operation above: ) 'Tighten up the pipe screw of your machine...' Meaning Presser Foot. 

And I just realise that the 'spare spring' I mentioned is for a particlular purpose. See note 4 above & 16 in the diagram. It goes round the needle!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singer 431G Slant-O-Matic throat plate pin problem

Singer 12K 1879 spares machine

My first Bernina & a bit of a mad one: ) Minimatic 807. From 1974.