Singer 411M 1963

 


This is the Italian made version of the 411G. Not often seen here in UK but I believe it was made in much smaller quantities than the German machine, & that was not made in huge quantities by any means. It is identical mechanically & takes the Top Hat cams & can do an excellent chain stitch. 

This one came in a neat desk style cabinet but it was also available as a conventional portable version with a slightly different case. 

There may also be a treadle version, as a factory option, but I have not seen one.

I found this on Ebay a few years ago, 2016, assuming it was a 411G & it was a surprise to discover it was the Italian version, which I was not aware of then! 

Serial number is MA 038602 & the Italian made cabinet has a factory label dated January 1964. The seller told me: 'it was her mothers, was expensive new, & needed some adjustments'. It just needed a service actually!

I do think this a proper 'Collectors Item', if you collect 400 series Slants, as I do/did: ) They are certainly few & far between outside Italy.

Googling 'Singer 411M' only brings up 2 of them & one is mine... 

The compact, stylish (IMO: ) cabinet only adds to the overall package with its removable legs & ingenious, inbuilt extension table.

Ebay pic here above, so you can see what attracted me to it in the first place, perhaps?

You just pull out the metal slider & insert the machine cover into the slider & lift up the machine as normal.
 


How cool is that?

The machine itself is your normal, all metal geared 401/411.

A good one will last another 60 years with basic maintenance: ) The last of the best Singers if you ask me.

More of my 400 series Slants on my (basic) website here: https://www.slant.zone/ including this one & some rarer, unusual versions of these fine machines. Most will be on Ebay anon because I will shortly have to move into sheltered accomodation, being nearly 80 & in poor health: ( I can't take them with me.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singer 431G Slant-O-Matic throat plate pin problem

Singer 12K 1879 spares machine

My first Bernina & a bit of a mad one: ) Minimatic 807. From 1974.